Policies of St Edward’s Catholic Cash (Scrip) Program
- The SCRIP program will operate weekly during the school year and biweekly during the summer. We do take the month of July off but you can still purchase from the Rectory and order online.
- All certificate orders must be in one envelope and all checks should be made payable to St Edward’s Scrip. The back of the checks will be stamped “St Edwards Scrip – NonTax Deductible” because the participant will receive the full dollar value of the certificate. 3
- Tuition percentages earned by each participating family will be held by St Edward’s Scrip and credited to individual tuition accounts on the last Wednesday night in Sept for Oct 1st payout, and the last Wednesday in February for March 1st payout. A scrip statement of purchases and percentages earned will be sent to the participating family if requested. Any discrepancies must be brought to the attention of the Scrip Coordinators within 15 days of the statement date.
- Scrip is being offered to promote education of students at St Edwards. The money collected by a school family using the scrip program will be paid to St Edwards for tuition reduction for grades K-8. The amount you earn will be split 60% to your choice and 40% will go to St Edward school general fund, unless otherwise stated on your registration form. Participants (other than families of students) may choose to have their monies given to an account of your choosing from any of the following accounts: a. Tuition account for a Present or Future Family b. St Edwards School General Fund c. St Edwards School Endowment d. Adopt-a-Tuition e. St. Edwards Church General Fund.
- Parents planning for the future education of their children at St Edwards may also participate. The monies earned will be held by St Edwards Scrip and will be credited as tuition payments when their child(ren) is enrolled at St Edwards. Future families who have not participated in the Scrip program for a one-year period will be considered inactive and contacted as to their intentions. If a written reply is not received within 60 days of contact, their earnings will be transferred to the St Edward’s School general fund. If the inactive family has moved with no forwarding address available, their earnings will be transferred to the St Edward’s School general fund account. If a future family or a participating family moves out of the area or removes their student(s) from St Edwards School, their earnings will be transferred to the St Edward’s School general fund account. The interest earned off of the holdings of the future families will be credited to the St Edwards School general fund account. There will be no cash payments made to any participants.
- Non-St Edwards School families (grandparents, neighbors, ect.) may have their own account and contribute to a particular family’s tuition reduction or to any of the accounts listed in Policy above.
- A registration form must be completed for each participating family when they join the scrip program. The disclaimer section must be signed before certificates will be released to child messengers. Registration forms will be kept on file. Messengers will receive only the envelope with certificates ordered under their designated account numbers. All completed certificate order envelopes are due to the St Edwards School or Rectory office by 12:00 p.m. (noon) on Wednesday (during the school year.) No late orders will be accepted. Errors in ordering certificates are the responsibility of the participant and certificates will not be exchanged. Filled orders will be sent home the following week with student messengers in the Thursday folder, or they may be picked up the following Wednesday (This is a one-week turn around period for orders.) Scrip participants are urged to count their certificates when they receive them, because errors must be reported to one of the coordinators within 48 hours.
- Scrip Certificates are just like CASH! St Edward’s Scrip Program is Not Responsible for lost or misplaced certificates.
- On order envelopes, write the dollar amount of certificates you wish to purchase, and the denominations you prefer. Total the order, enclose your payment (checks made payable to “St Edwards Scrip”) and return the order to school by the 12:00 p.m. (noon) Wednesday deadline. If you are ordering on line you have until 6:30pm on Wednesday nights. The orders may also be put in the St Edwards Church or St. Eloi’s Church Collection. The scrip coordinators reserve the right to change any incorrect orders.
- We encourage participants to Order online at “shopwithscrip.com”and use the ScripNow!, ReloadNow! certificates and pay with Presto Pay. That way you will not have to wait for your certificates.
- Certificates can be used, for the most part, just like cash or a check at the participating businesses. Some Certificates have an expiration date, varying from 6 months to 2 years. Some stores limit the amount of change returned from a certificate purchase (see individual certificate).
- Checks returned to the Scrip program due to insufficient funds will be assessed an additional $30 fee.
- Scrip participating families may be called upon to assist with sales during events when Scrip is sold.
Scrip Coordinators are Jan Bot 507-872-6534 Ronni Vlaminck 507-829-6091 Caren Buysse 507-872-6474 Deb Thooft 507-865-4436